To be fair, he didn't really INVENT them, he's just the first author credited with using them. I had a whole long explanation saying that at the beginning of the article, but it got cut. Apparently my editors didn't think an etymology lecture was FUNNY ENOUGH to keep in the final article. As Steve Martin would say, WHAT THE FUCK?!
Anyway, read it here.
And, if you are so inclined, Digg it here.
- ► 2009 (76)
- More Fun With Search Terms!
- My GPS is Haunted by an Old Black Jazz Musician
- The Writers' Strike is Over. Boooooo!
- Mike on McSweeney's!
- A Valentines Day Love-Letter
- Making the Offensive Moreso
- 10 Words and Phrases You Won't Believe Shakespeare...
- G4 Canada Has Excellent Taste as Well
- G4 Has Good Taste
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2007 (90)
2009 Those Aren't Muskets!