January 16, 2008

Tom Cruise is Awesome. I Mean Crazy. Did I Say "Awesome?" That's Weird.

I posted this video (reposted below) on Youtube as part of my weekly Cracked blog and went to bed. By the time I woke up this morning, several interesting things had happened. One was that the video went kinda-viral and racked up 5,000 views and 65 comments in the two hours it was online, making me the #10 most viewed comedian on Youtube for January 16th, 2008 (a distinction I'll be sure to shoehorn into every conversation at my High School reunion).

Another interesting thing is that (according to a guy in London who emailed me, so take it with a grain of salt), a brief clip of my video was shown on English news as part of a story about the whole "Tom Cruise is Nutzo" general melange. So, that's cool.

Not cool is that within two hours, my video had been yanked at the request of the Church of Scientology. I reposted it at FoD, which is why you can watch it now (unless it was taken down again, in which case you can't). So enjoy it while it lasts!

In order to aid your viewing pleasure, I'll tell you that the general premise of the vid is that in the real interview (which Tom gave when he won a Scientology award four years ago), they use a lot of jump cuts. So I decided to imagine what would happen if the cameras had kept rolling. The result of that now:

7 comments:

  1. Dude, you are so funny I can't STAND IT!! The other day I was sick at home and watching YouTube ALL DAY and I laughed so hard at the Internet Party I thought I was going to wet myself. And I saw this one, too, that day. THEN I JUST CLUED IN, OMG YOU ARE EBAY!!! You know you will be Ebay in my mind until I die, and poor Amazon-Guy and Wikipedia-girl. LOL

    Anyhow, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Michael, you are first class. I have seen the Tom Cruise and Anonymous bits about 6 times since Ellen showed them to us Friday night. I have sent the links to everyone I can think of. I want more, more more! I want to see a full-length movie written by you and with you as the star. This is weird, smart, funny stuff, briliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. does anyone else think that Tom Cruise looks like the Joker? Especially in the laughing part. (shudders.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when I wake up and my blanket is all wrapped around my face... is that Scientology trying to whack me? I mean, if they can talk... and they speak Scientology... then... hmm...

    I guess it is time to set up that sleep video blog so I can find out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t miss this appointment! Ben Stiller stand in Tom Cruise! Look this video!!http://memopal.clickmeter.com/734758.html !

    ReplyDelete
  6. George, what are you talking about? Your verb conjugation appointment is at noon today. You've got plenty of time to study. I know you're excited about Ben Stiller making a skin suit out of Tom Cruise. But that didn't actually happen. You're probably thinking about Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. Anyway, I stopped by the pharmacy this morning, so when you come to our appointment I'll give you a refill and everything will be OK. Got it chief? We can have pudding and talk this through. Now who's my little word warrior? Ya, it's you george.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank god somebody is helping George. You're a saint Bryan.

    ReplyDelete

 
2009 Those Aren't Muskets!
thosearentmuskets@gmail.com