I try to rarely express my own opinions on the site. Frankly, it's considered bad form, which is why comedians are so notoriously soft-spoken and affable. But I just became aware of the new [adult swim] show Superjail!, and I think you should all be aware of it too, for the following reasons:
1. It's the cartoon Tex Avery would be making if he were still making cartoons.
2. It's got some of the most lovingly-done animation in recent memory. The whole thing feels like an incredibly elaborate notebook doodle given glorious life.
3. The episodes are only like ten minutes long, so you can watch the whole first season (here) on your lunch break.
4. David Wain is the voice of The Warden. If you don't know who that is, get the fuck off of my website, then google him, then come back.
5. There are moments where it feels like a comic strip (complete with three-panel sight gags), moments where it feels like Loony Toons (complete with eyes bugging out and tounges wagging down to the floor) and moments where it feels like a bad acid trip (complete with laser time monsters, intestine-drenched combat robots, and a man and his pet bird eating a severed penis).
6. You need something to restore your faith in [adult swim] after the announcement that they're picking up King of the Hill for syndication.
7. I'm making it my official Recommendation Of The Day ®.
Watch it. Lemme know what you think. Or tell me I was an idiot for not seeing this earlier.
- ▼ 2009 (76)
- ► 2008 (85)
- ► 2007 (90)
2009 Those Aren't Muskets!